As of December 5th, 2017, 133 alternative methods for microbiological analysis in food are certified NF VALIDATION: 81 are validated according to the protocol EN ISO 16140: 2003 and 52 according to the new protocol EN ISO 16140-2: 2016. Two methods for the detection of antibiotics residues in food are validated according to the Validation protocol antibiotics.
During his last meeting, held from 22nd to 24th of November, 2017, the NF VALIDATION Technical Board (TC) approved by vote:
- The validation of a new alternative method, the 3M™ Petrifilm™ Lactic Acid Bacteria Count Plate for the enumeration of mesophilic lactic acid bacteria in all human food products (excluding yoghurts) and environmental samples.
- The validation extension of the method GENE-UP® Salmonella for 2 new specific protocols (with enrichment step at 37°C): one for the analysis of cocoa and chocolates (375g) and the other for milk powders (375g).
- The validation renewals (according to the new EN ISO 16140-2: 2016 protocol) of the following alternative methods: Thermo Scientific™ SureTect™ Listeria monocytogenes PCR Assay, RAPID’E. coli 2 (E. coli 44°C), RAPID’E. coli 2 (E. coli 37°C), RAPID’E. coli 2 (Coliforms 37°C), AL Enumeration, VIDAS® Easy Salmonella, TEMPO® TC, VIDAS® UP E. coli O157, Pathatrix™ Salmonella spp. Kits Linked to Selective Agar Detection, and also Pathatrix™ Salmonella spp. Kits Linked to MicroSEQ™ Salmonella.
Our next meetings of the TC:
- 2018 : January 25th & 26th, March 22nd & 23rd, May 17th & 18th , July 2nd & 3rd, October 4th & 5th, December 3rd & 4th.
- 2019: January 31st & February 1st, March 21st & 22nd, May 16th & 17th , July 3rd & 4th, October 3rd & 4th , November 28th & 29th.
This post is also available in Français.